Chana dal is baby chickpeas that has been split and polished. It looks and tastes like small kernels of sweet corn. These lentils have a sweet and nutty taste. Chana dal is delicious, nutritious and easily digested. It is a good source of dietary fiber and includes an insignificant amount of polyunsaturated fat.
- Calories: 327,
- Carbs: 47 g,
- Fat: 4 g,
- Protein: 25 g.
- It can be used in soups, salads, curries, dal preparations, savouries, sweets and rice dishes, etc.
- It is also used to make sabjis, vadas and chats.
- Provides energy.
- Excellent source of vegetarian protein.
- Keeps your heart healthy.
- Diabetic friendly.
- Improves insulin response.